Tuesday, December 8, 2009

HAPPY ADOPTION DAY!!!

Aiden slept through the night without a whimper. Rick and I woke up with the chickens. Literally, I heard a rooster coming from a nearby apartment around 5:00 am. We had an early appt. to finalize the adoption with the registrar, notary, and orphanage staff. It went smoothly, and Aiden's caretakers saw that he was happy with us and had survived the first 24 hours.

It is raining cats and dogs here in Nanjing, so we are sitting in our hotel room passing the time. After suffering through some terrible meals at the hotel restaurant, we were told about two places nearby to find dumplings, noodles, etc. I can't wait. Aiden is wonderful about eating by himself. He is very careful with his spoon and uses his sippy cup all the time. He didn't want a bottle this morning at all. Fine with me! He loves to snack, but I can see how he would eat all day if he could...LOL

We got our first hugs today from Aiden, and he is trying to say Kate and Grace when we look at the photo albums from home. He lights up when he sees the girls' pictures and says Mama when he sees my picture now. He seems very content with us, and we are delighted by him!

Hope all is well with all of you reading. I wish I could see my blog, but I hear that it looks fabulous thanks to Cynthia!

That's all for now....I'm hoping for a little nap....I see that Baba is trying to sneak one in on the couch while Aiden is changing the channel on the TV......LOL....so typical!

love,
amy





6 comments:

  1. Amy!
    Aiden is such a sweet boy! I love LOVE the monkey jammies! And, the gathering of his toys and cars. What fun to have this time of just the 3 of you. So special! Rick's joy and pride in his new son is glowing from his face. And, you look RADIANT. Thank you for sharing this miracle with me. My heart feels so full!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh I could just eat him up!! Almost makes me want another boy LOL. So happy to see you all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With one boy asleep on the sofa and the other boy changing channels, I'd say you are perfectly a family already. Precious pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you holding out somehow or is this going as smoothly as it looks? Unreal! So happy for you! Aiden is beautiful and looks to be fitting right in! Sure hope you get a nap in too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...I want a boy too. He is so cute and looks so happy! I hope you found some better food (and that the rain stops!). Thanks to Cynthia for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy,
    Oh my word I do not know how I did not know you were returning to China...goodness he is cute...we hope to travel in the Spring to bring our cupcake home....oh me you make it look easy.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete