Aiden is becoming Americanized very quickly. Today we took him over to the mall across the street. The 4th floor has a children's department that has a wonderful play area just for small children. We paid $7.00 for one visit that would have entitled us to the entire day, although a 45 minute visit was enough for us. I was expecting a stamp on our hand, but the girl raised a laser gun and zapped our foreheads. I keep hoping I will gain some extra brain power, but I can't help think it took away some of what I have left.
Aiden was very cautious about the play area preferring to sit back and watch....you know, check it all out before jumping in. I understand and respect that personality trait in a person no matter what age. Soon we had him engaged in the block area. These were not regular blocks, these were soft but dense blocks. I love watching Aiden play. He has a precise manner which shows the perfectionist in him. He is a typical boy wanting to build the highest structure and taking delight in knocking it down.
We had a late lunch at a little restaurant in the mall. I have been so frustrated because none of the restaurants here in Nanjing have high chairs. Luckily this place had comfy suede seating at the table, and we were able to pull the table up to him. Kate and Grace will be delighted to know he heard his first Taylor Swift song at lunch today.....And better yet, he saw his first Taylor Swift video on the TV just a couple of hours ago.
We found some nice crayons and a little notebook to see if he was interested in drawing. As you can see in the photo, he drew a masterpiece. Kate and Grace will be impressed by his use of all 24 colors from his box. Aiden also loves the few books I brought for him especially the one about animals.
We are taking it easy tonight because I still do not feel well. Before we take the flight to Guangzhou Friday, I will have to take several Tylenol so that I do not get pulled aside for my temperature to be taken. I am anxious to leave Nanjing.
Love,
Amy










('bout time you got these posted, Cynthia! Er ... um ... I mean THANK YOU for posting these, Cynthia! :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet photos! Looks like it is Daddy's turn to match his son's clothing today. :-)
That play area looks like fun! I love the description of how Aiden plays.
Amy-Get well. Rest. Drink some tea, water, Coca Cola (my fuel whenever in China! LOL!)
Taylor Swift. Meh. I think I am burned out on her.
XXXOOO
Oh, how I love the sleeping pics! And Aiden does look a bit like Amy. They have a certain mysterious look about them. He is very good at coloring!!!! You have a smart boy there.
ReplyDeleteLook...two little monkeys sleeping in the bed.....neat playground, wish our mall had something similar, what we have is not worth mentioning. Hope you are feeling better and get to Guangzhou without a problem. Keep those pic and posts coming.
ReplyDeleteThat smile just makes ME smile!!!! The playground is awesome. He seems so incredibly happy. I want a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!! whaaaa.
ReplyDeleteFeel better Amy! Love the monkey jammies...he's a cutie pie and looks so happy!
ReplyDeleteHee hee....had to write back and tell you that my 'secret word' to post my last comment was "turd". hee hee!
ReplyDelete