Saturday, December 5, 2009

WE'RE IN CHINA!!!!

Ni Hao from Nanjing, China!!!

It is Sunday morning Dec. 6th here, and I am officially on China time. We made all
of our flights without problem and survived the 13 hour flight from Newark, NJ to
Beijing better than expected!! Thank you Continental Airlines for giving us 3 seats,
a lovely menu, and free movies, shows, and music!!!

Our guide Ning met us here at the airport last night and loaded us into the van with our sweet driver and brought us to the Mandarin Garden Hotel overlooking the city. Since we had barely slept, we went to bed and awoke with the Chinese. I was determined to be on China time fast! Let me tell you, that was the hardest bed I have ever experienced. But I was so tired it didn't matter!

We have 24 hours until we go to the Civil Affairs office to get Aiden. My plan is to rest, find the best dim sum, and rest some more! Rick wants to go here and there near the hotel......He must feel more rested than me.

Word from home is that the girls are fine. They apparently had snow flurries and went
to the holiday parade downtown. Thank you, Brenda and Cana for the pictures this
morning of our sweet girls!

I will post more later and add some pictures of the hotel and surrounding buildings....

Hugs,
Amy

4 comments:

  1. WOO! HOO!! Amy--So great to hear from you and know all is going well. You sound rested and ready! All Good! Can't wait to see you with Aiden and hear alllll about Gotcha soon!! :-)
    XXXOOO,
    Holly
    PS-Don't forget to pick up a suitcase full of Zhu Zhu Pets to give to friends and sell on eBay while you're there. HAHA (Watching them fly off eBay for crazy prices is my new addiction. They must be made in China, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waving at you from NC!!!!! The time is flying by. Soon you will sleep and then get Aiden, the way I have it figured. Yippee, Yippee, Yippee!!!! Have a great night. Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go wondering with Rick, you can go to bed early (probably won't get any sleep), you only get one shot at being a tourist :)...my mouth is watering for Dim Sum, hope you found some.
    I remember those beds...I took a Motrin before bedtime and I woke up more refreshed. Go get that boy...you're both tired of waiting. Praying for a great gotcha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you arrived safely!! I can't wait to see Aiden in your arms. HUGS from Houston. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete