Our room was being cleaned when we returned to the hotel, so we went to the bar overlooking the Pearl River to have a beer (like any good Episcopalian). Aiden behaved like a gentleman. He was looking at the pendant on my necklace of the picture of Kate and Grace, and he leaned in and gave me a soft, long kiss on the lips. Be still my heart. He has given me hugs, but never returned nor initiated a kiss. So sweet!
We are back in our room for a rest. Aiden climbed up on the bed and laid down by himself! He is napping, so I am going down to the hotel salon in a little while to have my hair shampooed, cut, and styled. My flat iron won't work here (tragic, I know), and I have been seeing the most wonderful haircuts on the women here in China. I know my girls and sons don't want my hair short, so I won't go crazy....but I am tempted! LOL....Don't worry, there will be a photo!
That's all for now!
amy







Oh, Amy ... How your words make me truly LONG for China. The Six Banyon Tree Temple is one of my favorite places. That inner garden with the statue of white -- so peaceful. The courtyard with the giant bonsai trees. I just love that place! I could spend hours there (and have!). I don't think your brand of faith matters when you have a blessing there. It is All Good. :-)
ReplyDeleteDid you get the extra head massage with your haircut? Ahhhhhhhhhh ... that is another favorite memory of mine (from our trip in 2001).
You are killing me here!! Let ALONE the pics of your little 3-some-family in black today! You all three are adorable! Truly. But, Aiden especially! He is beautiful. A kiss!! Lucky Mama. Lucky. Lucky you. :-)
XXXOOO
Oh, Amy, I can't wait to see your haircut! And will you please bring home that lovely trunk in the photo above? You'll be so glad you did. LOL
ReplyDeleteJust now catching up with you. The pictures in the White Swan bring back so many memories. To visit again, what a treat!
ReplyDelete